Spongebob Characters Named After the 7 Deadly Sins.
I came across this online and I thought it was really interesting, the Spongebob characters were supposedly named after the 7 Deadly Sins. Here are what they are matched up to:
1) Greed = Mr. Krabs. This one is pretty obvious because of Mr. Krabs’ obsession with money.
2) Envy = Plankton. This one is obvious too because Plankton is envious of Mr. Krabs’ business and wants the “formula” for the Krabby Patty for his own.
3) Sloth = Patrick. This makes sense too since Patrick is well, “slow.”
4) Pride = Sandy. Sandy has pride that she’s the best at karate.
5) Wrath = Squidward which also makes sense since Spongebob & Patrick have to face his “wrath” whenever they annoy him.
6) Lust = Spongebob. Spongebob has a “passionate desire and drive” for his job at the Krusty Krab.
Now this last one seems a little odd but:
7) Gluttony = Gary the snail. Now the only thing I could think of here is that of Gary’s snail food, which I guess makes him a glutton?
I just thought that the Spongebob creators were interesting in matching up their cartoons to the 7 Deadly Sins. The article had stated that one of the creators mentioned it in a DVD extras of the TV show.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment